Kenwood Mixer and Meringue Baking!


Makes approx. 20 meringues 

Hello everyone!
It was my wonderful birthday yesterday, and a big huge thanks to everyone who made it so special for me.
One of my main presents was a Kenwood Stand Mixer!

So the first thing that I made was some microwavable meringues! Imagine! Making meringues in the microwave! I love how they turned out and they were so simple and pretty so I'd really love if you had a go yourself at making them and to give me some feedback. If there's anything else you'd like me to bake, make sure you let me know and I'd love to make it!

You will need:      
                                                                                                            A Mixer (I recommend a            
Kenwood mixer!)                                  
A bowl                                           
A plate                                            
Baking paper                                  
A spatula                                         
(And a piping bag to be neater       
 if you want)                                  
 350g icing sugar                             
1 medium egg white                    

Strawberries and cream to decorate taste great or with some chocolate sauce to drizzle over them.Yummy!             
          
Method:

 1-Sieve about 3/4 of the icing into a large bowl. Make a little well in the center of thesugar and add a little egg white at a time. Gradually mix in the rest of the egg white on a low speed or by hand until it looks a bit like a pale white paste. If you have a tiny bit of sugar left that's fine.

 2-Using your hands (wash them first!), a spoon/spatula or piping     bags make small walnut-sized balls. Place 6-8 meringues on the outside of the plate (remember to add the baking paper first!) but do not put any in the center or they will burn.

3- In a 900w microwave bake the meringues for 45 seconds on full power. In a 750w microwave leave them in for 90 seconds. Make sure to cook your meringues for an amount of time that suits your   microwave. Keep checking on them in 20 second periods is what I'd recommend you do to find the amount of time that you should leave your meringues in the microwave for.

Lastly remember to enjoy and decorate your delicious meringues!








Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts